Because of You

by Carley Cooper

Dear Jesus:

Girl holding yellow flowers
Microsoft Office Copyright Free Images
I just wanted to say Thank You.  Because of You:
  1. I am saved!  I will spend eternity in Heaven with You.
  2. I survived abuse. (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Sexual, and Financial)
  3. I have a safe place to live.  (It's a really awesome apartment, in a fantastic location close to downtown!  Yippee!)
  4. I have hope for a good future. (There is a new career on the horizon as a writer and, possibly, a speaker.)
  5. my health has improved so much that I can have an independent life.  (Yay!  Go me!)
  6. I am able to help, encourage and inspire people through my blogs. (Worship Melodies and Tin Roof Sundae)
  7. I was lead to a healthy lifestyle, not a dieting program in order to lose weight and improve my mental health.  (Spark People – they’re FREE too!)
  8. I had found strength, determination, and courage that I needed to pursue it and not quit.  (Who would’ve guessed that I’d learn to love a challenge!)
  9. I have friends.  (Suzanne, Carol, Paul, Paul, Sue, Garry, Gina, Francine,Bill,... and a bunch of others.  OK, OK... if I must... Henry too.)
  10. I have a great family.  (Even when they’re making me nuts!)
  11. I have a great medical support.  (CMHA, Dr. P., and Dr. K., and the RVH mental health team)
  12. I have a great home church and a great church family.  (Even when they’re making me nuts!  Even the cranky, insensitive, old guy who don’t see things clearly (see #9)!)
  13. I’ve learned to love some physical activities!  (Who would have ever guessed?  Certainly not me!  Ha... Power Walking is AWESOME!)
  14. I have an awesome pet in Chicklet.  (Little lovebird.  BIG attitude!)
  15. both my babies found AWESOME homes when I couldn’t keep them anymore.  (That’s doggies, peeps!  Casey at Charlotte’s; Taco at Bill & Francine’s)
  16. I discovered foods that were causing some of my mental health issues.  (Artificial Sweeteners, Processed ‘Cheese’ slices, Fat-free yogurt, Pop, Processed Foods....... all BAD!!!!!!!!)  Not only that but I discovered foods that help improve my mental health (Raspberries, Green Tea, Apple Cider Vinegar, Spinach, Blueberries, Salmon....... all GOOD!!!!!!!!)
  17. I live in a free country with many social benefits, and the freedom to be Christian.  (Woo Hoo!  Go Canada!)
  18. the veil is being lifted around me.  (The Word is slowly becoming clearer;  and I am slowly becoming the person You want me to be.)
  19. one day SOON I will no longer be Bipolar and I will no longer be on medication.  (Adios drugs!)
  20. I can turn off Facebook when it’s making me crazy.  (Some things should be rationed on an ongoing basis.  This would be one of those things.  ‘Nuff said!)
Thank You, AMEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment