Counting Blessings

by Carley Cooper


When we don't see any sign of light at the end of the tunnel, it is then when we should could our blessings.  So on that note, despite my desperate need to count the tear drops right now, I'm going to count a few blessing instead.
  1. I have an awesome apartment.
  2. I live in the best city anywhere.
  3. I lost 75 lbs and I did it myself... through blood, sweat and tears by changing my lifestyle... no diet plans or cheating shortcuts like surgeries... just me and God, and my relentless determination.
  4. God loves me.
  5. God has been transforming me into something wonderful.
  6. I go to a super church - we're in the minority these days... we're taught biblically sound messages, how to tell the difference between worldly thinking and God's thinking.  We are a true family together.  It's super rare.  Even when one of my family hurts me, I can and will forgive him. 
  7. God has awesome plans for my future.
  8. I am a good writer.
  9. I have great creative and administrative gifts that I use to volunteer in my church office weekly.  I just love to worship Jesus like that. 
  10. I am a survivor.  I've come through a lot of abuse (every form you can think of, I've lived through), divorce, extreme loneliness, a lot of physical illness, mental health issues, being rejected and tossed out by loved ones, horrible childhood traumas... and all that is just the tip of the iceberg.  (There is a book in progress.  Stay tuned for details!)
  11. I live in the wonderful country of Canada where I get many freedoms and social benefits that allow me to have a life that would otherwise have killed me by now. 
  12. I have the cuttest little lovebird named Chicklet.  Tiny bird with big attitude!
  13. I have good friends... finally!
  14. I had good food to eat today.
  15. I got to spend some time with someone important to me... even though I'm no longer important to him, I enjoyed myself anyway.
  16. I have access to wonderful medical care and an awesome medical team to help me through my issues.  
  17. I am a forgiving person.  I forgive that person who hurt me so badly last month that my world blew apart.  I love him anyway.
  18. I have a wonderful support group called Survivors... for abuse survivors... and that we are!  Way-to-go ladies! 
  19. I love reading.
  20. I have been saved.  I am a child of God and Jesus died on the cross and rose again from the dead... for me!  Are you a child of God?  He loves you, and He would love to have you as His child too.  You can be if you accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Saviour.  
OK... the tears have finally stopped.  Hopefully they will stay that way for a little while.  Having a broken heart is not a nice thing.  I'm sure God will use this as a blessing somehow in my life at some point.  Right now I don't see it; but I know He will. 

2 comments:

  1. I remember in high school my life was wrapped around one boy. He was the best thing in the world, and of course my life centered around him and what he wanted, needed and desired. Then he dumped me, my world feel apart , the rug had been pulled out from under me and I literally felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest.I lay in bed for what seemed like days. I was numb. But in time slowly I began to heal.

    I know you will as well. Keep focusing on your blessings and what you have accomplished, even the little things right now.

    I will pray for and with you.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I had a doctor's appointment today. He pointed out some things that helped me understand more what happened. It's helping me to put together a better picture in my head, so that at least I understand that it's not all my fault. It helps. This wasn't a boyfriend, but it hurt just as much. The past 5 or 6 weeks have been a huge tailspin for me. I'm hoping that it's starting to calm down. In addition to this stress, I've also had some medication adjustments that didn't go so well, so I had to be changed back again. It's added to the toll. But, 'tis just another lesson on my journey. God will use it. I always bounce back no matter how hard I drop! I am a survivor... and I even go to the Survivor's support group to prove it! lol Thanks for the prayers. HUGS.

      Delete